Experts of the Branch took part in the work of next XII International Forum of Economists of Uzbekistan on topic: “Social and economic consequences and poverty reduction of population of Uzbekistan in a pandemic.”
Event organizers are Institute for Forecasting and Macroeconomic Research under the Ministry of Economic Development and Poverty Reduction of the Republic of Uzbekistan. The International Forum was held in the form of video conference on Zoom platform.
The purpose of the Forum is to attract representatives of economic expert community to discuss assessment of social and economic consequences and impact of pandemic on state of economy of the republic, as well as in this perspective, topical issues of poverty reduction.
With greetings to the participants of international forum addressed Shukurov Sh.Z. – First Deputy Director of the Institute of Forecasting and Macroeconomic Research under the Ministry of Economic Development and Poverty Reduction of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Matilda Dimovska – UNDP Resident Representative in the Republic of Uzbekistan.
The work of International Forum took place in the following areas:
- Macroeconomic approaches to predicting social and economic consequences of development of economy of Uzbekistan in the context of pandemic, improving measures and mechanisms to maintain macroeconomic stabilization and further intensifying market processes.
- New industrial policy and drivers for the development of industries in real sector in the context of digitalization as a factor in poverty reduction.
- Further increase in human capital and poverty reduction, measures to increase employment and well-being of population, develop services and improve the quality of life of population.
- Ways and measures to stabilize social and economic development of regions, in particular rural areas in pandemic.
- Improving the investment climate and business environment for creating new jobs and reducing poverty based on digitalization of economy and activation of innovation processes in the context of pandemic.
To participate in the Forum were invited:
– scientific and pedagogical workers, doctoral students and undergraduates of universities,
– employees of research institutions, including foreign ones;
– heads of departments and leading specialists of ministries and departments;
– heads and specialists of territorial authorities and administrations, enterprises of all sectors of economy;
– representatives of international organizations.
Within the framework of plenary session, a report on topic: “Improving the quality of human capital in digital economy” was made by N.K. Zokirova – Doctor of Economics, Professor, Head of Department of Labor Economics and Management, Chairman of the Council for Science and innovations of Plekhanov Russian University of Economics in Tashkent.
Representatives of the World Bank, UNICEF Office in Uzbekistan, UNDP international experts on assessment of financing for development, consultants of the International Labor Organization (ILO) took part in the work of international Forum and made presentations.
As well as deans of faculties, heads of departments and teaching staff of Plekhanov Russian University of Economics in Tashkent. A total number of participants in International Forum, which was held online, was 300 people.