Tashkent Branch of Plekhanov Russian University of Economics was as a co-organizer of large international scientific online conference on the topic: “Strategy of Actions of the Republic of Uzbekistan: macroeconomic stability, investment activity and prospects of innovative development.”
COVID-19 pandemic that spread over the globe in 2020 and caused global crisis is likely to change life radically around the world. Additionally, pandemic equally threatens countries with different economic situations and political systems and forces them to take security measures. The pandemic, which disrupted economic processes in the countries of the world, as well as its negative impact on strategies developed at national level, now require a wide range of discussions, scientific and practical recommendations and political decisions.
Taking into account current situation, in pursuance of the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan “On State Program for Implementation of Strategy of Actions on Five Priority Development Areas of the Republic of Uzbekistan in 2017-2021 in “Year of Development of Science, Education and Digital Economy”, Resolutions of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan and According to the Order of Ministry of Higher and Secondary Specialized Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan, on December 10-11, 2020 international scientific online conference was organized at Tashkent State University of Economics on the topic: “Strategy of Actions of the Republic of Uzbekistan: macroeconomic stability, investment activity and prospects for innovative development.”
Conference has become a major international scientific event, main goal of which is a development of scientific, methodological and practical proposals and recommendations for the implementation of advanced, modern approaches to the formation of competitive environment, new approach to economic sectors affected by global pandemic.
The conference was attended by: Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan for Financial and Economic Affairs and Poverty Reduction, representatives of a number of key ministries and departments of Uzbekistan: Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Innovative Development, Ministry of Economic Development and Poverty Reduction, Ministry of Employment and Labor Relations, Ministry of Higher and secondary specialized education of the Republic of Uzbekistan, State Tax Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan, “Development Strategy” Center, rectors of universities. Scientists, university leaders and experts from USA, Germany, Russia, South Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Poland and Kazakhstan also took part in the conference.
Discussions at the conference were held in the following sections:
- Strategy of Actions on five priority directions of development of the Republic of Uzbekistan for 2017-2021, as an example of the responsibility of state policy;
- Reducing the impact of pandemic on the economy using electronic digital technologies in public administration and organizations in the real sector;
- Increasing the number of jobs through rapid development of the private sector, ensuring healthy competition, doing business and favorable investment climate;
- Achievement of high rates of economic growth through liberalization of monetary and fiscal policy and diversification of the economy;
Based on the sections highlighted at the conference, the following important issues were discussed in detail:
-social and economic trends and events in the world economy, their impact on national economy;
– human capital: ways to increase it and international calculation methods;
– comprehensive and balanced socio-economic development of regions, effective and optimal use of their potential;
– modernization and accelerated development of agriculture;
– comprehensive targeted measures to liberalize foreign exchange market;
– conducting economic policy in accordance with international standards, with the aim of liberalizing foreign trade and creating an effective market economy;
– reduction of government intervention in the economy, increasing role and importance of private sector in the economy.
The conference was attended by teaching staff of the departments of Tashkent Branch of Plekhanov Russian University of Economics. Materials and articles of the conference participants will be published in electronic format.
Foreign and local researchers, professors, teachers, practitioners, employees of research institutes, doctoral students and independent researchers, undergraduates and bachelors were also invited to participate in the international conference.
The conference served as a platform for the exchange of experience between specialists, leading scientists, practitioners and international experts.